Your housing options
There's a lot to think about when you're looking for somewhere for you and your family to live.
Whether you need a place to stay tonight, or a place to live long term, you need suitable housing in the right location for you and your household. Think about:
- where your work is, or where you can find work
- how many people are living with you and their ages
- needs such as space for children, pets or wheelchair access
- what you need nearby, such as schools, medical care or public transport
- what you can afford in rent
- whether you need to rent a house or an apartment, or would boarding be better?
Once you know what you need, you can look at the different housing options available.Take a look at what to do next and who can help you.
Do you urgently need a place to stay right now?
Sometimes staying where you are is the best option.
If you need a place to live for a short while, there’s a wide range of options.
Sharing a flat or house with someone else can be a good way to cut down on rent and other costs.
Renting a flat or house gives you a wide range of choices. There’s a lot of information and support available to help you find the right place to live.
Information about public housing.
Information about available assistance to buy, including rent to buy information.